Set screen deadlines , manage apps, and consider app activity for your kids device.
• Family Link’s tools vary depending on your child’s device. See a list of compatible devices at families.google.com/familylink/setup
Google Family Link for folks app
Try the free Family Link parental controls app from Google. Help your child make healthy decisions about what they are doing on their Android device, with activity reports showing what proportion time they’re spending on their favourite apps. you’ll view daily, weekly or monthly reports.
Manage their apps − Handy notifications allow you to approve or block apps that your child wants to download from the Google Play Store. you’ll also manage in-app purchases remotely and conceal specific apps on their device, all from your own device.
• Feed their curiosity − It are often hard understanding which apps are suitable for your child, so Family Link shows you teacher-recommended apps on Android that you simply can add on to their device.
Keep an eye fixed on screen time
• Set limits − It’s up to you to make a decision what proportion screen time is suitable for your child. Family Link allows you to set deadlines and a bedtime for his or her supervised devices, so you’ll help them find an honest balance.
• Lock their device – Whether it’s time to travel and play outside, have dinner or simply spend time together, you’ll remotely lock a supervised device whenever it’s time to require an opportunity .
See where they’re
• It’s helpful to be ready to find your child when they’re on the go. you’ll use Family Link to assist locate them as long as they’re carrying their Android devices.
Download Google Family App
apps that you simply have previously approved or apps that are shared within the Family Library. Parents should regularly review their child’s installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• you ought to carefully review the apps on your child’s supervised device and disable people who you don’t want them to use. Note that you simply might not be ready to disable some pre-installed apps.
• to ascertain the situation of your child or teenager’s device, it must be powered on, recently active and connected to the web .
• Teacher-recommended apps are only available on Android devices within the US to oldsters of youngsters of certain ages.
• While Family Link provides tools to manage your child’s online experience, it doesn’t make the web safe. Rather, it’s intended to offer parents choices about how their children use the web and encourage conversations about Internet use.